Thursday, August 21, 2008

We're on our way...


So... how do thunderstorms affect airplanes..?...

In a few short hours, I will be getting on a plane to the convention, and for those not in the Anchorage area, I think the last thunder clap sounded about two feet from my home. Now, I'll risk life and limb to get down there, I just want to know the odds.

In an odd twist of irony, I will be leaving this thundery, hateful summer up here (ONE day over 75? Really?) to go down to... thunder and lightning. The forecast for Denver is thunderstorms. All week.

Fortunately, I'm not going down for the weather. I was not quite prepared for the absolute deluge of invites, press releases and general onslaught of information, but I'm pretty excited to go to... everything. I planned on sorting out, in the mass of events happening, a carefully plan of attack to optimize the time down there. Now I'm just going to close my eyes and point.

All the craziness aside, I didn't think I would be this excited before leaving.
Tired as all get out, but excited.
Now let's go nominate Obama!

No comments: